My lovely unvaccinated son with his unvaccinated cat, Kate
Recently, a Dr. Poland who works with Merck vaccine manufacturer both in their vaccine trials and as an advisor on the development of new vaccines, wrote a guide for paediatricians on how to persuade wary parents that injecting their babies with 88 vaccines by the age of one is a good idea (http://www.sciencenewsline.com/medicine/2012042418560049.html).
US babies get three Hepatitis B vaccines, three rotavirus vaccines, three diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccines which is a three in one shot, four hib vaccines, four pneumonia vaccines that contain 13 strains of pneumonia in each shot, three polio vaccines that each contain three strains of polio, one varicella vaccine, one measles, mumps and rubella vaccine that contains three viruses, and one flu vaccine that contains four strains of flu including H1N1 = 88 vaccines. (1).
The Main points of contention put forward by Dr. Poland and the Mayo Clinic are:
It’s Okay to Give Lots of Vaccines Because the Antigens are Less Toxic than before
The reasoning behind this is that the antigens in today’s vaccines are ‘purer’ on account of them being acellular (half-cell) rather than whole cell and that adjuvants can be added to the vaccines to boost immune response and allow less antigen to be used.
However, what doctors fail to mention is that old style DPT vaccine contained only three pertussis toxoid antigens that stimulate the production of antibodies (known as agglutinogen). After studying the Data Sheet Compendium (1993-94), the Trivax DPT vaccine data said ‘Organisms bearing all three pertussis agglutinogens are included’ (page 500 of the compendium, published by Datapharm Publications Limited). (2).
By contrast, the new acellular Pediacel five-in-one vaccine that has replaced DPT in the UK contains FIVE components of pertussis toxoid.
The doctor’s book, ‘Immunisation against Infectious Disease’ (2006), known as ‘the green book’, says on page 279:
‘The vaccine chosen for primary immunisation in the UK programme (Pediacel) contains five purified pertussis components….. The five- component vaccine contains pertussis toxoid (PT), filamentous haemagglutinin (FHA), fimbrial agglutinogens (FIM) 2 and 3, and pertactin (PRN).’ (3).
So the acellular vaccine actually contains two more components compared with the whole cell DPT. If we look at a manufacturer’s information sheet for Pediacel, we find the following:
20 μg pertussis toxoid
20 μg pertussis filamentous haemagglutinin
5 μg pertussis fimbriae 2 + 3
3 μg pertussis 69 kDa outer membrane protein
That’s the five parts of pertussis toxoid equalling 48ug of pertussis.
To see copies of old data sheets and comparisons with new amounts in acellular vaccines, see: http://www.trackingvaccinations.com/allfiles/dptrecipe.htm#twice
There are also a bunch of other ingredients in the Pediacel that can hardly be described as ‘pure’.
≥30 IU (15 LfU) diphtheria toxoid
≥40 IU (5 LfU) tetanus toxoid
10 μg Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide covalently bound to 20 μg tetanus protein
40 DAgU poliovirus inactivated type 1, Vero (Mahoney)
8 DAgU poliovirus inactivated type 2, Vero (MEF1) 32 DAgU poliovirus inactivated type 3, Vero (Saukett) – – vero means cultured on monkey cells.
1.5 mg aluminum phosphate
0.6% v/v phenoxyethanol – phenol is carbolic acid and ethanol is alcohol.
≤0.02% polysorbate 80 – polysorbate 80 is an emulsifier that has caused infertility in mice.
≤50 ng albumin bovine serum – cow blood product
<0.03 μg polymyxin B sulfate
<0.02 μg neomycin
<0.2 μg streptomycin sulfate – a variety of antibiotics known to alter gut flora and lower immunity.
≤0.02% formaldehyde – used to embalm dead bodies, has been proven to cause throat and nasal cancers.
≤0.1% glutaraldehyde – glutaraldehyde is a disinfectant known to cause asthma in healthcare workers.
water for injections to 0.5 mL (4).
But that’s okay, right? Because vaccines have been purified.
Er, no. According to ‘the green book’, page 279,
‘The acellular vaccines are made from highly purified selected components of the Bordetella pertussis organism. These components are treated with formaldehyde or glutaraldehyde and then adsorbed onto adjuvants, either aluminium phosphate or aluminium hydroxide, to improve immunogenicity.’ (3).
Both formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde are TOXIC.
According to the National Cancer Institute:
‘Formaldehyde has been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Some studies of humans have suggested that formaldehyde exposure is associated with certain types of cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies formaldehyde as a human carcinogen. In 2011, the National Toxicology Program, an interagency program of the Department of Health and Human Services, named formaldehyde as a known human carcinogen in its 12th Report on Carcinogens.’ (5).
It is also known that embalmers who work with formaldehyde are at increased risk of getting leukaemia and brain cancer. (6).
Glutaraldehyde is an industrial disinfectant and its side-effects include headaches, eye irritation, nose, throat and lung irritation, abdominal pain, cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, burning chest pains, vascular collapse, coma. Although these side-effects usually only occur with high doses or if ingestion has occurred, it is not a product that is meant to be injected into the body, so injection may theoretically have the same effect as ingestion.
If a person is exposed repeatedly, they may have reactions to much smaller doses and this is a concern since children are repeatedly injected with it. Repeated exposure can also cause asthma and this has happened to healthcare workers who use the disinfectant in dental and hospital settings. (7 and 8).
The Baby’s Immune System can Cope with Multiple Vaccines
The Mayo Clinic also say that baby’s immune systems can handle multiple vaccinations, but they have never actually physically tested the current CDC schedule so they have no evidence to support this statement.
Now, for the first time since mass vaccination began, scientists finally tested the entire schedule on monkeys. Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh gave monkeys the entire regimen of vaccines that were given to children between 1994-1999. One group of animals were given the vaccines and the other group of animals were given saline as a placebo. They were then given brain scans at 4 months and 6 months of age to see if there were changes in the brain. They looked specifically at the amygdala, a part of the brain that helps with the expression of emotions and the development of social behaviour and they found that the amygdala’s of the vaccinated animals did not mature at the same rate as the unvaccinated animals. They concluded:
‘In this pilot study, infant macaques receiving the rec¬ommended pediatric vaccine regimen from the 1990’s displayed a different pattern of maturational changes in amygdala volume and differences in amygdala-binding of [11C]DPN following the MMR/DTaP/Hib vaccina¬tions between T1 and T2 compared with non-exposed animals.’ (9).
Another study carried out by the same university found that monkey’s given a Hepatitis B vaccine on the first day of life, as US babies are, had delayed suckling reflexes, something that would have killed them if they had been in the wild. The vaccinated animals had delayed suck, root and snout reflexes compared with unvaccinated animals. (10). This is something that some mothers have commented on. The mother in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zo3lnlnsUI&NR=1&feature=endscreen, said that her newborn son began to struggle to latch on after he was given the newborn Hepatitis B vaccine even though he had latched on without difficulty at birth. Although this is anecdotal evidence, observation is one of the first tools of science. (11).
Vaccines Don’t Cause Auto-Immune Diseases
Anybody with the ability to read can find many studies showing that vaccines can indeed cause auto-immunity. The journal Lupus wrote:
‘Immune challenges during early development, including those vaccine-induced, can lead to permanent detrimental alterations of the brain and immune function. Experimental evidence also shows that simultaneous administration of as little as two to three immune adjuvants can overcome genetic resistance to autoimmunity.’ (12).
Discovery Medicine also says that vaccinations can cause systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory myopathies, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and vasculitis, to name a few. (13).
The final points of contention are:
Children Die of Measles but Not MMR
It is well known that viruses are capable of killing you so there is no reason why a vaccine virus (or any of the other poisonous additives) can’t do the same.
Dr. Poland and the Mayo Clinic state that measles deaths occur three in 1,000 which is not true. If it were, then the death rates have increased due to vaccinated mothers being unable to confer immunity on their children, or to the change in age distribution of the illness, resulting in more adults getting it when it is more serious.
Between 1971-1975 in the USA there were 177 deaths due to measles, with an average of 35.4 deaths per year. The average annual mortality rate for measles in the states was 0.17 per million, so if three per thousand are now dying of it, something has gone terribly wrong with the immune system’s of our children. (14).
The ‘green book’ (2006) say that in the UK, one in 5000 people die of measles. They take this figure from a study published in 1985, entitled ‘Deaths from Measles in England and Wales, 1970-1983 and use this as a reason why people should be vaccinated. However, they fail to mention the vaccine status of those who died and most people would assume the deaths were in the unvaccinated. (3 and 15).
The study says:
‘To establish the age, primary cause of death, and proportion associated with previous abnormalities, copies of death certificates were obtained from the Office of Population Censuses and Surveys for 270 deaths from measles and 175 from subacute sclerosing panencephalitis over the period. Where information on death certificates was inadequate or ambiguous inquiries were made to the hospital or notifying doctor. No attempt was made to establish further clinical details, vaccination history, or social class.
The overall ratio of deaths to measles notifications was 1.5 per 10,000, but for children under 1 year it was 4.8 and for those aged 1-2 it was 2.3. Fifty-three per cent of the 270 deaths occurred in individuals with no pre-existing condition, and for these the proportion was highest (32/42) under 1 year and decreased with age. The converse was true for those previously abnormal: 31 of the 38 deaths over the age of 10 occurred in this group.
Of those with pre-existing conditions, most were grossly physically or mentally abnormal or both. Nineteen deaths occurred in children with lymphatic leukaemia, however, some of them in remission.’
The author went on to say:
‘Measles is widely considered a benign disease with a negligible mortality in developed countries. Certainly the number of deaths has fallen over the past 13 years, particularly in normal children; in the first four years 65% of deaths were in normal individuals compared with 35% in the last four year period. Nevertheless, over half the 270 deaths were in those with no pre-existing condition, and there has been no overall downward trend in the ratio of deaths to notifications. As in other studies, this ratio was highest in children under 1 year.1,2 The increased ratio of deaths to notifications in adults which has been reported may well be due to the larger number of deaths in abnormal adults; in this study 16 were over 15 years compared with three (aged 16,20, and 94) in those previously normal.
Vaccination has reduced the number of deaths, but 90% of deaths in those previously normal occurred in those over the age of 15 months, when vaccine is usually given.’ (15).
So the key points to this study are:
• Measles is generally a benign disease in developed countries – (in fact, WHO say 95% of worldwide deaths occur in poor countries).
• The number of deaths is declining in healthy children (a pattern seen with all infectious diseases).
• 47% of those in the study had pre-existing conditions such as immune suppression, cancer or mental retardation.
• More deaths occur in children under one year old and in adults.
• The vaccination status of those who died was not looked at, i.e., they didn’t know if they’d been vaccinated or not.
• 90% of the deaths in the study occurred in those older than 15 months, ‘when the vaccine is usually given’ – although not directly stated, this implies the children may have been vaccinated. (15 and 16). As the vaccine is live it is possible that some cases may have been vaccine virus measles, particularly as the immune-compromised are not supposed to receive live virus vaccines.
In fact, in recent epidemics, half the people were already vaccinated:
CBC News reported:
‘An investigation into an outbreak in a high school in a town that was heavily hit by the virus found that about half of the cases were in teens who had received the recommended two doses of vaccine in childhood — in other words, teens whom authorities would have expected to have been protected from the measles virus.
It’s generally assumed that the measles vaccine, when given in a two-dose schedule in early childhood, should protect against measles infection about 99 per cent of the time. So the discovery that 52 of the 98 teens who caught measles were fully vaccinated came as a shock to the researchers who conducted the investigation.’ (17).
So why are tiny babies and adults getting measles?
In the pre-vaccine era (prior to 1963 in the US), most children got measles when they were several years old, not as babies or young toddlers. They then required life long immunity which was kept going by frequent exposures to other children with the measles. When this population of naturally immune girls grew up and became pregnant, their unborn fetus received immunity from them through the placenta which could last several months. If the baby was also breastfed by a naturally immune mother he had an added advantage of receiving anti-measles antibodies and blood cells through her milk (and some studies have shown breast milk to be effective against measles and other diseases for years). This meant that measles would not occur in the newborn phase or in older babyhood. Most children would get it when older, but before the teen years, at a time when it is most benign in healthy children.
Now, the majority of mothers are vaccinated so they cannot get life long immunity. This also meant that their ability to pass transplacental immunity is reduced or even prevented altogether and their breast milk antibodies are also reduced. If the baby is formula fed, as most are after the age of six weeks, his risk of getting measles and other diseases is much higher than in previous generations of babies born to non-vaccinated mothers.
Additionally, vaccination does not prevent disease, it only suppresses it and alters its age distribution and presentation of symptoms. In fact, some studies show measles vaccine induced antibodies wearing off after only five years (18) so it means many mothers and fathers are catching measles at a time when they are childbearing, when the disease is much more dangerous for them (side-effects are worse in an adult) and risking their newborn catching the disease.
The measles death study quoted above mentioned the fact that there are increased notifications of deaths in adults, caused by the destruction of natural immunity by vaccination. (15).
Other studies comment on this fact.
Virology Journal wrote:
‘Resurgence or outbreak of measles recently occurred in both developed and developing countries despite long-standing widespread use of measles vaccine. Measles incidence in China has increased since 2002, particularly in infants and in persons >or= 15 years of age. It is speculated that infants may acquire fewer measles IgG from their mothers, resulting in the reduced duration of protection during their early months of life. This study aimed to clarify the reason of increased susceptibility to measles in young infants in China.
Our results suggest that infants born to mothers who acquired immunity to measles by vaccination may get a relatively small amount of measles antibody, resulting in loss of the immunity to measles before the vaccination age.’ (19).
Expert Review on Anti-Infective Therapy wrote:
‘Primary protection against measles in the first months of life is provided by transferred maternal antibodies. Since the introduction of the measles vaccine, changes in epidemiology have had major effects on the transmission of protective antibodies. The majority of women of childbearing age are now vaccinated and transfer fewer antibodies than naturally immune mothers, conferring shorter protection to their offspring.’ (20).
So it is vaccination that is causing measles deaths in young babies and adults!
MMR has caused the deaths of people through reactions to the medication and not just through making us susceptible to disease
For instance, a US court conceded that the MMR vaccine killed one year old Madyson Williams, who had been healthy prior to her injection. Dempsey and Kingsland attorney’s said:
‘On May 12, 2008, Madyson had her 1-year check-up. She was growing and developing normally. She received her MMR#1, Varicella #1, and HiB #3 vaccines in the early afternoon of May 18, 2008, and just six days after her vaccinations, Madyson started to actively seize. Her parents immediately called the paramedics.
One year-old Madyson Williams suffered a tragic death just six days after she received the MMR vaccine. Madyson’s parents then filed a claim with the Federal Claims Vaccine Program in Washington, D.C. The hospital was not a Defendant in the lawsuit. Under the guidelines of the national vaccine program, the lawsuit was filed against the Department of Health and Human Services, which runs the vaccine program.
On September 12, 2008, the District Attorney in Washington D.C. conceded to liability and payment of $250,000 in finding that the MMR vaccine was the cause-in-fact of Madyson Williams’s febrile seizures which resulted in her death. Lawyers active in preparation of the case were Leland Dempsey. $250,000 Settlement.’ (21).
Other children who died from MMR include James Smith, who was brain damaged by MMR and died nine years later (his family was given £30,000 compensation from the UK Vaccine Damage Payments Unit), Ashley Shipman’s family was also given £30,000 compensation after their son developed SSPE from the vaccine (the vaccine virus was found in his brain). He died at age 13.
Chloe Dwyer’s family received a payment after she died after an MMR booster shot. She developed pins and needles, became paralysed and stopped breathing. Her post-mortem concluded she died of ‘a rare complication of MMR’. (22).
The UK won’t even consider cases of vaccine damage or death if the person was under the age of two (when most of the vaccines are given) and most cases are ignored or called a coincidence and in the US, only 1% of serious adverse drug reactions are ever reported to the FDA so the small numbers of child deaths that were compensated may represent the tip of the ocean. (23 and 24).
Lack of a Natural Immune System and Lack of Nutrition is Killing Kids!
In fact, now MMR side-effects exceed deaths from measles. The last death from natural measles in the UK was in 1992. Another boy died in 2006 but authorities failed to report he had a lung disease and was immune-compromised and there was one death in 2008 to an unvaccinated child with congenital immunodeficiency. The Health protection agency state:
‘Prior to 2006, the last death from acute measles was in 1992. All other measles deaths, since 1992, shown above are in older individuals’.
It should be pointed out that the single measles vaccination wasn’t introduced into the UK until 1968 and you can clearly see from their statistics that the death rate from measles had already declined rapidly without any vaccination. For instance, in 1941 when we were at war there was 1,145 deaths from measles in England and Wales, by 1956 this had dropped to 28. (25).
Deaths from infectious disease are caused by immune-deficiency, pre-existing illnesses, poor hygiene and poor nutrition. Laura Caulfield, an associate professor with the Bloomberg School’s Center for Human Nutrition, found in a study that children who were malnourished were twice as likely to die and that making sure all children had proper nutrition would prevent 1 million deaths from pneumonia, 800,000 from diarrhea, 500,000 from malaria and 250,000 from measles every year worldwide. (26).
We created the scenario we are now in and put ourselves and our babies at risk by destroying our own natural immunity and it’s about time paediatricians read the research instead of trying to persuade us to do more of the same thing that doesn’t work.
1. CDC Immunization Schedule, 0-6 years. 2012. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/0-6yrs-schedule-bw.pdf
2. The Data Sheet Compendium 1993-1994, Datapharm Publications Limited, ISBN 0 907102 08 5. Page 500.
3. Immunisation against Infectious Disease (2006), Department of Health. Page 279. http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_125944.pdf
4. Pediacel Data Sheet, Medsafe, New Zealand. Sanofi Pasteur, 2007. http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/p/pediacelinj.pdf
5. Formaldehyde and Cancer Risk, National Cancer Institute. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/formaldehyde
6. Mortality from lymphohematopoietic malignancies and brain cancer among embalmers exposed to formaldehyde, J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009 Dec 16;101(24):1696-708. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19933446
7. Glutaraldehyde: Health effects, Australian Government, Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Community. Web.29 April 2012. http://www.npi.gov.au/substances/glutaraldehyde/index.html
8. What is Occupational Asthma? Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/diseases/asthma.html
9. Influence of pediatric vaccines on amygdala growth and opioid ligand binding in rhesus macaque infants: A pilot study, Acta Neurobiol Exp 2010, 70: 147–164. http://www.ane.pl/pdf/7020.pdf
10. DELAYED ACQUISITION OF NEONATAL REFLEXES IN NEWBORN PRIMATES RECEIVING A THIMEROSAL-CONTAINING HEPATITIS B VACCINE: INFLUENCE OF GESTATIONAL AGE AND BIRTH WEIGHT, doi:10.1016/j.neuro.2009.09.008. http://www.rescuepost.com/files/hewitson-et-al-09-primate-hbv-study.pdf
11. Mother Explains Vaccine Injury, Deteriorating Health, Autism, and Why Not To Vaccinate, Youtube Video. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zo3lnlnsUI&NR=1&feature=endscreen
12. Mechanisms of aluminum adjuvant toxicity and autoimmunity in pediatric populations, Lupus. 2012;21(2):223-30. http://lup.sagepub.com/content/21/2/223
13. Vaccines and autoimmune diseases of the adult, Discov Med. 2010 Feb;9(45):90-7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20193633
14. Measles Mortality in the United States 1971-1975, AJPH November 1980, Vol. 70, No. 11. http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/pdf/10.2105/AJPH.70.11.1166
15. Deaths from measles in England and Wales, 1970-83, Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1985 February 9; 290(6466): 443–444. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1417782/
16. Measles, World Health Organization. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/index.html
17. Measles among vaccinated Quebec kids questioned, CBC News. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/10/20/measles-quebec-vaccine-schedule.html
18. Measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies in children 5–6 years after immunization: effect of vaccine type and age at vaccination, Vaccine Volume 13, Issue 16, 1995, Pages 1611–1616, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0264410X9500098L
19. Low titers of measles antibody in mothers whose infants suffered from measles before eligible age for measles vaccination, Virol J. 2010 May 6;7:87. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20444295
20. Early waning of maternal measles antibodies: why immunization programs should be adapted over time, Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2010 Dec;8(12):1339-43. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21133659
21. Williams, minor. v. Secretary of HHS – $250,000 Settlement, Dempsey and Kingsland Attorney’s, Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.kansascity-law.com/Verdicts-Settlements/Vaccine-Injury-involving-paralysis-of-1-year-old-child.shtml
22. Were all these children killed by the MMR jab? Sunday Express, 13th January 2002. Filed on the Vaccines Me site. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.vaccines.me/articles/tktmj-were-all-these-children-killed-by-the-mmr-jab.cfm
23. Vaccine Damage Payment, Direct Gov UK, Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Disabledpeople/DG_10018714
24. A New Approach to Reporting Medication and Device: Adverse Effects and Product Problems, David Kessler MD, FDA. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch/UCM201419.pdf
25. Measles notifications and deaths in England and Wales, 1940-2008, Health Protection Agency. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/Measles/EpidemiologicalData/measNotsAndDeaths/
26. Better Nutrition Could Save Millions of Kids-Study, Reuters, 17th June 2004. Reported on the Laleva website. Web. 29 April 2012. http://www.laleva.org/eng/2004/06/better_nutrition_could_save_millions_of_kidsstudy.html